Journal Entry #1

Journal,

                Today I woke up with the alarm blazing in my ear.  I woke up, got in the shower, and at breakfast.  I was running late for work and I had just been out the door when I forgot my car keys.  It was a crazy morning but I finally got myself up and driving to work.  I realized I was low on gas and had to pull over.  So now my clock is showing that there is no chance of getting to work on time.  After the 25 minute drive to work.  I made it with seconds to spare. 

I threw my coat down, and sat in my office chair.  I begin doing my work as a very successful lawyer when all of a sudden cases are just flying at me, all at once, no pauses in between but all at once.  I briefly flip through them, reading what I will be dealing with.  90% of the cases were people holding illegal pieces of technology, 5% was from people breaking the law, 4% of car crashes, and 1% holding illegal drugs/substances.  These were cases I did not want to deal with, like they did not affect me at all.  I finally got the courage to tell the boss I need a break from some of these cases.  He removed about 14 cases from me.  Now I feel light as ever with only 4 cases in front of me.  I had 3 dealing with illegal technology, and one dealing with a robbery. 

I finish wrapping up my info after a long day of work and head home.  I meet my kid and ask him what his day was like, asked my wife the same, had a nice warm cup of hot chocolate, and listen to my small portable radio while eating dinner.  I finished up my night writing letters to my parents and my 2 siblings.  I wrote myself a note in my daily planner reminding myself to get stamps the next morning, and also reminded myself to mail the letters while getting the stamps.  I turned out my lights and realized I haven’t showered yet.  I hop out of bed, run and take a quick shower, just to be greeted with a nice warm bedspread on top of my foamed comfy bed.  I tuck myself in, and fall asleep.

                                                                                                                                Yours Truly,

                                                                                                                                                                Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment